Wednesday, June 12, 2013

22 Weeks

P6113504

How far along? 22 weeks

Due date? October 15, 2013

Weight gain? 14 lbs. A full pound or more is now directly due to baby. The rest, I don’t know, but I’m right on track for a total healthy weight gain.

Exercise? Body by Trimester videos, walking, Elliptical, Circuit strength workouts

Maternity clothes? A mix of maternity and non-maternity tops, dresses and leggings. I’ve upgraded to maternity shorts full-time, though.

Stretch marks? Nope.

Sleep? So so good with zero complaints!

Best moment this week? I’m stealing moments from last week: 1) Seeing our little baby on another sonogram last week and hearing that everything looks normal and healthy. 2) Four days of vacation on a sunny island with my hubby. I’ll post on that soon.

Miss anything? Nothing in particular this week.

Movement? I'm definitely feeling the baby now, but it’s still pretty light, gentle movements. No big, rib bruising kicks yet.

Food cravings? Fruit. And last week on vacation, I gave in to a little chocolate napolitana to dip in my coffee almost every morning after breakfast. Usually at a buffet, the little pastry things look much better than they taste, but this one was an exception. Soft, flakey pastry with the perfect amount of chocolate that melted perfectly when dipped in coffee. Hopefully, 4 days won’t ruin me in the whole scheme of 9 (but really 10) months. :)

P6083481

Anything make you queasy or sick? Car rides.

Other symptoms? Occasional lower back pain, but it’s better than it was a couple of weeks ago. Also, last week during the sonogram, we learned that I have marginal placenta previa. Apparently, this is really common on an early second trimester sonogram, and there’s still plenty of time for it to move. So we’re praying, that’s what happens. We’ll do another sonogram late in the second trimester to check.

Have you started to show yet? Yes! Luke tells me it’s still not obvious looking straight on, but I’m certainly beginning to feel like it is 100% obvious, 100% of the time (especially in a swimsuit last week.)

P6113505

Gender prediction? At our 21 week sonogram last week, the baby’s heartbeat was a healthy 135. According to the old wives’ tale, a heartbeat less than 140 indicates a boy. We all know there’s not much scientific proof for these little tests, though, so we shall see.

Happy or moody? Super happy! Summer is here!

Looking forward to? My parents and sister visiting in just 2 short weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment