Thursday, May 30, 2013

19 Weeks

P5293268

*Although I hate this picture and it was really taken at 20 weeks, I was pretty proud of my mango drawing and have had this post drafted for a week, so I’m posting anyway. Hopefully, hating pictures won’t be the recurring theme for the next 4.5 months.

How far along? 19 weeks

Due date? October 15, 2013

Weight gain? 9ish lbs.

Exercise? Body by Trimester, lots of Elliptical during the recent rainy days we’ve had and some outdoor walking, silly weather permitting.

Maternity clothes? Some maternity shirts and the Bella Band is super handy when I choose jeans over leggings. Definitely getting close to needing maternity bottoms, but I need it to warm up! Everything that I bought in the US and brought back with me is warm weather attire.

*Updated at 20 weeks because Luke told me I can’t be all rainbows and butterflies in my posts and then in tears when I go to get dressed. Getting dressed is currently my least favorite part of the day. Pants with the bella band are fine but get super uncomfortable as the day goes on. Full maternity pants are just weird. I wore a pair of capris on Saturday and felt weird and dorky all day. Until this silly Madrid weather warms up enough for dresses and the shorts that I bought, my favorite days are when I can stay in leggings and a sports bra all day long.

Stretch marks? Nope.

Sleep? I had a couple of nights where I woke up super early in the morning and had problems falling back asleep, but it was nothing 30 minutes of reading couldn’t solve. Other than that, I’ve had some of the best sleep of my life this week. I think the baby had a growth spurt on Tuesday night, and it totally wiped me out. I slept like, well, a baby!

Best moment this week? Last Friday we put up the crib and started hanging things in our little baby room. It makes everything feel so real! We’re so excited and can’t wait for baby! Luke and I both peek in the room at least once a day just to have a little look. Funniest moment this week, though? Having my belly serenaded in a bar by a bunch of tipsy 28-30 year old males. It was so funny, so of course I couldn’t help laughing. As they were literally on their knees singing to my belly, they could see my tummy move every time I laughed. They then declared, “Se mueve, se mueve.” It moved! It moved! Referring to the baby of course!

Miss anything? Oh, to have a glass of vino with dinner.

Movement? There’s been a few times I’ve thought I might have felt something, but I’m just not sure! The doctor (my real one and doctor Google) assure me that this is totally normal! Some people don’t feel baby until 22 weeks or so, especially with the first one when you’re not quite sure what to expect.

*Updated at 20 weeks: It’s not constant but when I’m sitting still in the mornings or lying down at night, I’m pretty sure that I’ve felt our baby move! I’m still hesitant to say that I’m absolutely, positively sure that’s what it is, but shouldn’t be long now.

Food cravings? Sweet potatoes! Just pop them in the microwave for about 10 minutes, top with a little bit of EVOO and salt, and they’re soooo good! Although one day last week, I ended up topping one with some black beans, corn and peas that were left over from a salad. I felt like the typical preggo with weirdo cravings, but it was pretty tasty. Also, pineapple and kiwi!

Updated at 20 weeks: Greek yogurt with honey!

Anything make you queasy or sick? The smell of urine as you walk by certain spots in the city, but that’s just gross regardless of whether or not you have a baby in your tummy.

Other symptoms? My sense of smell is overactive these days, which isn’t good for the smell described above or the influx of BO that is sure to fill the busy subways and sidewalks as the weather warms. I’ve also been super dizzy today, followed by a headache, but after lots of water and a good lunch, I’m feeling better!

Have you started to show yet? More and more. It won’t be long before it’s obvious to everyone no matter what I’m wearing!

Updated at 20 weeks: My stomach totally popped out at the end of last week. I walked into class on Friday, which I go to every day, and all the girls commented on how much I was all of a sudden showing! One girl even asked if I had 2 in there. (I was hoping to not understand when people said annoying things like that, but unfortunately, I’ve learned too much.) She’s a sweet girl, though, just trying to be funny I’m sure, so no offense taken.

Gender prediction? Back to feeling like a baby boy this week.

Happy or moody? Happy but also easily teary eyed. Luke made the baby a Spotify play list that we listen to pretty frequently these days. “Gracie Girl” by Ben Folds gets me every time.

Looking forward to? June 5! Not only is it my big seester’s birthday, but we have the 20 week ultrasound, where we should get to see baby for a good hour, followed by the last part of my final exam in Spanish class. Then we’re headed off to Lanzarote in the Canary Islands that evening for a little baby moon! Big, exciting day, and I can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment