Friday, October 4, 2013

38 Weeks

PA034760

How far along? 38 weeks

Due date? October 15, 2013

Weight gain? Maybe another pound this week, but it’s hard to say. Just like before I was pregnant, the scale fluctuates so much.

Exercise? Swimming, Body by Trimester videos, walking and a few online prenatal strength workouts that I’ve found online.

Maternity clothes? Running out of options!

Stretch marks? Not that I’ve seen, but I’m sure they’ll show up eventually. Can’t imagine that there aren’t with the way this tummy has stretched.

Sleep? Definitely getting worse as it’s hard to get or stay comfortable. I’m up about every 2 hours (good practice, I know!), and unfortunately, I’ve been having problems falling back to sleep. Usually a book does the trick, though.

Miss anything? Ready for a glass of wine and to move freely.

Movement? All the time. However, it seems we have a stubborn little baby because when we were hooked up to the fetal monitor on Tuesday, s/he went straight to sleep. They had me eat some candy to get the little one going again, so that they could see the variations in heart rate that they were looking for.

Food cravings? Nope.

Anything make you queasy or sick? Nope.

Other symptoms? Seriously, nothing really. In general, I’m getting more and more uncomfortable, have difficulty bending over, etc., but that’s all more than normal at this point. I’ve had little to no swelling, indigestion, etc. I think I’ve felt a few contractions, but nothing regular or super intense at this point. At our last doctor’s appointment, she said that I was already making some progress. So it could be any day now or it could still be 3 weeks away as they don’t induce until 10 days after the due date (unless medically necessary.)

Have you started to show yet? Of course.

Gender prediction? 50/50.

Happy or moody? In awe. A few times this week, it will just hit me all of sudden how soon it is that we’ll have a real live baby with us. It’s not like I forget that I’m pregnant; that’s impossible at this point. But sometimes it still just doesn’t feel real, and then something will make the reality of it all hit me in the face.

Looking forward to? Our next weekly appointment on Monday, welcoming our baby, and getting Nonnie and Poppy here safely to meet their 4th grandbaby (and help us figure out what we’re doing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment