Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My Homework for Jose: English Translation

Here is my English translation of what I wrote in Spanish last week for my Spanish teacher, Jose. To non-Spanish speakers, it sounds and looks much more impressive in Spanish. In English, it sounds about like an elementary school student, but you have to use what you know. Poco a poco (little by little).

Last week I began Spanish lessons with a guy named Jose. Jose is also Luke's teacher. This week I've had 2 lessons with Jose and on Wednesday he gave me homework for the next lesson on Friday. He told me to write an entry for my blog in Spanish. My first thought was "How difficult!" But I want to lean so this afternoon I came to a cafe near my apartment and I am going to try. Jose told me only to write 5 to 10 sentences but I want to tell you a story.

Yesterday I went to eat lunch with 2 American girls. After lunch, we went shopping. I bought a sweater, a scarf, 2 necklaces and a bracelet. After shopping the other girls went home and I met Luke in a restaurant near our apartment. We walked around our neighborhood and had a glass of wine. When we got home I realized that I didn't have my shopping bag. I was very upset because I really liked the things that I had bought and they had cost me 60 euros.


So the next morning I returned to the last restaurant we were at. I told the waiter, " I was here late last night and I wanted to see if I left my shopping bag her. Have you found it?" The waiter had my bag and I was very excited. Also, I was proud of myself because I talked with the waiter in Spanish. After I found my bag, the rest of my day has been very good.


This is the end of my story. Tomorrow morning Jose will come to my house for another lesson and I will show him this entry. I hope that he likes my blog and that I did a good job. 


Also, here is what you get if you copy and past what I originally wrote into Google translate. It did a pretty good job with the exception of a few verb conjugations.

Last week I started Spanish lessons with a man named Jose. Jose is also Luke's teacher. This week I had two lessons with Jose and on Wednesday gave me homework for the next lesson on Friday. I said, "You write an entry for your blog in Spanish. Pesamiento My first was," How hard! "But I want to learn. Then this afternoon I came to a cafe that is very close to my apartment and I will try. Jose told me write only five to ten sentences but I want to tell you a story.
 

Yesterday I went to lunch with two girls who are in the United States and after lunch we went shopping. I bought a sweater, a scarf, two necklaces and a bracelet. After shopping the other girls went home. I met Luke at a restaurant near our apartment. We walk around our neighborhood and had a glass of wine. When we got home I realized I did not have my shopping bag. I was very upset because I liked the things I had bought and had cost sixty euros.

Then this morning I returned to the restaurant last were. Said the waiter, "I was here last night very late and wanted to see if I left a shopping bag here.'s You found? The waiter took my bag and I was ecstatic.'m Proud because I talk to the waiter in Spanish. After that I found my bag the rest of my day has been fine.
 

That is the end of my story. Jose tomorrow morning will come to my house for another lesson and I will show this post. I hope you like my blog and I hope you do a good job.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment